Friday, May 16, 2008

My wonderful husband

I have not yet been married a month, and already I know I have the best husband in the world. biased? Perhaps, but with good reason. He is not just wonderful because he has gotten me flowers twice since we got married. Not only because after I was so tired yesterday I came home to find him already cooking dinner so I could lie on the couch and read. Not even because of the wine and candlelight.
I adore Allen Robert Paisley because he points me toward God. I have had some discouraged days lately, and when I am discouraged, I often email him from work. Instead of ignoring my emails (even though he totally could because he is so busy) or even writing me back with lots of compliments from his own mouth, he responds with an email or call quoting scripture. He digs in the Word, finds something encouraging and then passes it my way. I love that he values my relationship with our Father so much that he would rather my focus be on God then on him. Because let me tell you, I love to focus on Allen. And the coolest thing is, he has been doing this through our whole dating relationship. When we were dating and he was trying so hard to guard me and my emotions, he would say "I have so many things I want to say to you, but I want to guard your heart, so here is what I think God would like to say."
And the thing is, my heart is his now (second to being God's) and he doesnt have to "guard" it anymore, but he still points me to our Lord.
How blessed I am.
Thank you, God, for my husband

Can you see how much I adore him?

2 comments:

janelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
janelle said...

Diana Paisley, i was checking Jenn's blog and saw what you said and I figured I should probably drop in and let you know that I read your blog too :.)
almost every time i see you comment on jenn's i remember to take a quick peek at yours too and i really enjoyed getting to see the wedding pictures and reading your post which you are becoming more frequent at!
hope to see you soon!