Friday, January 4, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

To the reader,
I have kept silly, sentimental and superficial blogs for years now. But now, I desire to share with you what I believe God has placed upon my heart. Don't get me wrong- I still will share goofy moments and fond memories...but above all, I want my musing to point you to my Savior.
Be blessed.
Diana

It is 2008
2008 is the year I get married. It is my first year out of school. It is the year I move out of my parent's home forever.I want all these things so badly, but am I ready? Will I ever be? I love Allen more than anything, and I truly desire that he love God more through my encouragement. I can't wait for our life together. I just want to be the best wife I can be.

I used to hate New Years Resolutions because they are so cliche. Yes, I have a cliche resolution to lose some weight and eat healthier and exercise, and I am working on the logical plan of action to do so.

But moreso I want to resolve to deepen my relationship with Christ. To make prayer a second nature. To be continually conversing with the Savior. To relish the Word and read it daily. To put God above anything else and put my fiance/husband above myself. To grow with Allen as much as possible. To bless others. To be active in my church. To impact lives as a youth leader. To glorify my Father.I know it is a lot, but with God, all things are possible. If we ask for things in His name that are in accordance with His will, He will give freely. So really, I neednt doubt that God bless me with all those things, because they are all things that He desires. And I know that HE put those desires in my heart, because my sinful heart can not come up with them on its own.

Tonight, Allen and I discussed the ways we want to deepen our relationships with God and then share what we learn so we can grow and deepen our relationship with each other. It is intimidating and overwhelming sometimes, how directly our spiritual walks affect each other, but Allen is such a man of confidence in God. His heart is at peace and encouraged that within the next three months, God will bring us to the point of being ready to be husband and wife. And it will not happen a day sooner than April 19. God will work in us, preparing us for that moment, and will continue to work in our marriage for the rest of our lives. How can I not trust that our kind God will bless us for trying to honor Him?
At dinner, Allen prayed for an extra measure of faith and of grace. And we wait with eager hearts to receive what God bestows on us. He already gave us such an invaluable blessing with each other. I am so incredibly thankful for my husband-to-be, and I know I will love him even more this year than I did in 2007...and I didnt know it was possible to love someone more, and I am already feeling it.

But I want to be most thankful for my Lord. He gave me this year. May I give it back to Him.

my cousin and i...one of my favorite christmas day pictures

2 comments:

Jen said...

God truly has prepared you two love birds...and yes, there will be lots of learning after the wedding, Lord willing years and years:) Glad to hear you're FINALLY home with your hubby-to-be. Love reading what you have to say!

Reformed Apologist said...

I look forward to reading more!