Friday, June 6, 2008

I am not a very good blogger.
I am so torn between writing thoughtful spiritual things and my daily musings. Both take more effort and thought than I am often willing to give. Shame on me.
I am frustrated in general with one aspect of my life, namely the fact that I have a job that I dont love. Dont get me wrong, it is a WONDERFUL company with amazing people. My boss is kind and my coworkers are becoming dear friends. But I am doing a job that is pretty mindless and not using my degree. That is hard on me since I worked so hard to get a degree and finish college. I also feel like God wants me to be more directly serving others and impacting lives. I have always been a relational person- and my job requires a lot of time isolated in a cubicle. Please pray for wisdom. I am in the process of inquiring about/applying for graduate school for a MA in teaching. Please pray that door is either opened or closed clearly.
My dear friend Kristy once encouraged me to write down my blessings so that I can ponder them and consciously thank Jesus for them. Here are a few (trying to be specific):

-My husband is still amazing. See my post from a few back. I absolutely adore him and being with him every day is nothing short of a dream come true. He takes care of me so well and loves me so well. *Sigh*
-My best friend Diane from IUP is coming to visit me tonight (well providing my check with some gas money arrives today. Otherwise she may have to hitchhike and who knows when she will arrive.) I miss her terribly and cant wait to spend three days laughing with (and at) her.
-I have flowers in my house. Currently there are three vases, though all three are nearing their ends. Still, the very fact that they are there makes me happy.
-I have read about 6 novels in the past two weeks. I know that is kind of sick to some, but it thrills me.
-I have actually gone to the gym twice this week. Go me.
-My friend Elise who just came to Jesus last month is growing daily and daily sharing her new joy with me. It is so encouraging to have a front row seat to this amazing transformation.
-Elise also has a baby. His name is Vinny and he is so darn cute. And he loves me. I am his fake Aunt.
-I love that my dear 2-year-old friend Karlyn can say my name. She calls me Ina and calls Allen Ayen. Close enough. But it warms my heart to walk into church and hear "Ina and Ayen!" Please pray for her by the way. There is a chance that her spine could naturally straighten and she wouldnt need more back surgeries. That would be amazing. (she has spina bifida)
-I have been reading the Sermon on the Mount and have been seeing things I never saw before. God is so kind.

I will update more later. Until then, I leave you with a picture from my sister-in-law's wedding last weekend.


No comments: