Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A post of randominity

Sometimes I like to write bullet posts with obscure thoughts. This is one of them:

-The Tony Awards were surprisingly not that disappointing. I mean, I didn't know too many of the shows this year (I remember when I knew ALL of them and had Tony parties!) but I knew enough to appreciate the wins. My highlight was watching Laura Benanti win best supporting for Gypsy. I saw her in Sound of Music when she was only 19 years old (I was 12 :-)) and she blew me away then. She deserved this. I was sad that Kelli O'Hara did not win best actress, although I expected it. Yes, Patti Lupone is an insane character actress and she belts very loudly. Yes she is the biggest Broadway Diva of her time. Of COURSE when you give her the ultimate Broadway Diva role she will win. Why can't we have a vocally talented ingenue win for once!?! Kelli O'Hara was a freaking opera singer and has played some versatile roles; she deserves a good solid chance at a Tony.
End Rant.

-I finally have all my wedding photos and now am trying to design an album online. It is very very very very overwhelming. I know so little about layouts and my placement thoughts go about as far as "oo this looks pretty! let's put this picture here!" so making a whole album that looks professional and artistic is a challenge. I love it though :-)

-I was supposed to go to the gym this morning. I was supposed to go to the gym last Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday as well. However, I have not. I HATE getting up earlier than I need to! It is really pathetic. I can get up at 7:30 for work, but I cannot get up at 6:45 for the gym, even though it makes me feel good. If only my husband didnt leave before me- then he could MAKE me get up. But it just doesnt work like that. I need to be working out regularly again, like I did in college. But in college, I always went from like 8:30-10:30 at night, which just isn't practical now. Allen and I did take a walk last week and looked at the gym in our development. We admired the nice equipment. Then we left. Le sigh.

-Jodi Picoult has ruined my ability to enjoy other novels. Nothing is complex enough after reading her works of genius. However, Jodi Picoult has also given me a great appreciation for Law and Order Special Victims Unit. This show and her books make me want to be a cop or a prosecutor or a private detective. Then I think about my personality and fear of blood; and realize I just really want to be Mariska Hagatay.

-Steve and Barry's is my new fashion discovery. Go find a store, even if you must travel. Three words: Nine dollar shoes.

I think that is enough for now.

Here is a fun picture of Allen singing in the car as I try to look like Audrey Hepburn (my main goal in life ;-))

No comments: