Thursday, September 4, 2008

SO thankful

I am positively in awe of God's goodness and provision this week. The unemployment thing was getting harder and harder, and I finally made a real effort to pray about it and put it in God's hands. I know He would have done His will regardless, but it felt nice acknowledging it. Anyway, our one-income financial situation caught up to us this week and we were nervous about getting by (at least I was; Allen seemed really confident.) So we scrimped and prayed and tried to make it work.

First off, my selfish little mind was sad and worried that we would not be able to go out or do anything for my birthday at all, even the book signing (who knew book signings charged admission?!). And then my amazing husband says "Oh I will take care of it. I have money for that." And I kind of sarcastically say "where? Are you hiding money?" And he goes "actually, yes. I have been putting money aside to spend for your birthday." I was dumbfounded. And very touched. He is so incredibly sweet and what I ever did to deserve him, I will never know.

And then on Tuesday, completely out of the blue, I got a call from a woman from church asking if Allen and I would house sit for her next week, as well as care for her two exchange students that are staying there. And they would feed us all week. And give us gas money. And pay us. And boom in our hands is a check written exactly in the amount of our car insurance.

Then, my mother-in-law's partner from work was sick, and my sister-in-law and I were asked to take her place for a day. And this particular client likes to pay very generously. So there was another nice bit of money to take care of us.

And THEN I show up at this job and Allen's mom says "I have a surprise for you" and opens her car to reveal FIVE BAGS of groceries and a whole cooler of frozen food. In addition to that was an envelope with some more money. I was in shock and almost started crying. And all she kept saying was "I know you would do the same for us; it is not much and I wish we had more, but this will help." It was SO MUCH!!! I felt so blessed!

And then my sister-in-law spent the day with me today and invited us over for dinner, and I didn't have to worry about food or anything. I have the most generous and kind family in the world and I love my sister-in-law so much. She is so selfless and loves to give to others. Especially Allen and I.

And to top that off, I had two very good interviews this week for jobs IN MY FIELD!!! Pray!!!

Oh Lord, You are so kind. Why do I ever doubt? Please keep my faith strong. And THANK YOU!!!!

2 comments:

Leah said...

My dearest Diana, CJ and I are dealing with money issues at the moment as well. God will provide but it is still scary. I will be thinking and praying for you. The right job is out there it just hasn't found you yet. I love you! Leah

Margaret said...

Aw, Diana! I am so happy for you! Of course I will continue praying, and I hope the right job is just around the corner.

Love ya,
Margaret =]